This common surgical procedure elevates the position of the upper lip to create a more relaxed smile. However, there are two types of Lip Lifts: Upper Lip Lift & Corner Lip Lift.
The ideal candidates for the procedure are:
FOR UPPER LIP LIFT
- If their teeth do not show when they smile.
- If they have a long space (greater than 1.5 cm) between the nose and the upper lip.
- With thin flat lips.
- If lip fillers result in duck lips because the upper lip does not have room to expand vertically.
FOR CORNER LIP LIFT
- When they have a permanent frown.
- If corner of mouth is turned down.
The Lip lift procedures are performed under local anesthesia.
Dr. Rojas performs the Upper Lip Lift by excising only skin at the base of the nose. An incision is placed directly beneath the nose and a small strip of skin and tissue is removed. The lip is elevated to its new position exposing about 1/8″ of teeth and permanently increasing the volume of the pink part of the lip. The procedure takes about 90 minutes.
The result is a more youthful and pleasant shape to the mouth and lips. The teeth will show more and the patient almost always looks happier, sexier and relaxed.